Pattonville Board of Education
Board of Education Members
Jeanne Schottmueller / President
3406 Erman Avenue, Bridgeton, MO 63044
Ms. Schottmueller is currently serving her eighth year on the board. She is a Pattonville graduate and the mother of two Pattonville graduates. Ms. Schottmueller has been employed by Special School
District for 28 years.
Andrea Glenn / Vice-President
Mrs. Glenn is serving her forth year on the board. She holds a master's degree in human resources administration and is employed at Pfizer Pharmaceuticals in human resources management. Mrs. Glenn and her husband, Carl, are the parents of two Pattonville graduates.
Ralph Stahlhut / Secretary
2840 Laurel View Lane, Maryland Heights, MO 63043
Mr. Stahlhut is currently serving his 28th year on the board (1989-1990 and 1991-Current). He is retired from Office Max. Mr. Stahlhut and his wife, Carole, are the parents of two Pattonville
Mary Kay Campbell / Treasurer
2671 Chatham Dr., Maryland Heights, MO 63043
Mary Kay Campbell is currently serving her third year on the board. She is a retired Special School District teacher who taught in Pattonville for 32 years. Ms. Campbell is currently employed by
the St. Louis Cardinals as a recycling coordinator and is the parent of two Pattonville graduates.
Ruth Petrov / Director
64 Grand Circle Drive, Maryland Heights, MO 63043
Mrs. Petrov is currently serving her 14th year on the board. She holds a master's degree in healthcare administration and is employed as a facilitator for continuous process improvement at DePaul
Hospital. Mr s. Petrov and her husband, Larry, are the parents of four Pattonville graduates.
Dr. Brian J. Gray / Director
Maryland Heights, MO 63043
Dr. Gray is serving his first year on the board, filling a one-year position vacated due to a board resignation. He attended the University of Colorado and holds a bachelor's degree/doctor of chiropractic from Logan University. Dr. Gray is a self-employed chiropractic physician and medical director at Coventry Health Care. He and his wife, Sheila, are the parents of two Rose Acres Elementary School students.
Mindy M. Ridings / Director
Maryland Heights, MO 63043
Mrs. Ridings is serving her first year on the board. She holds a Bachelor's Degree in English and Education from Drury University. She currently teaches English Language Arts in the City of St. Charles School District. She and her husband, Mike, live in Maryland Heights, and are the parents of three
girls currently attending Pattonville schools (Parkwood Elementary and Pattonville Heights).
Rita Brengle / Secretary to the Board of Education
Pattonville Learning Center
11097 St. Charles Rock Road
St. Ann, Missouri 63074
Board Areas of Emphasis 2016-2017
The Pattonville School District Board of Education is committed to providing exemplary educational opportunities for ALL children. In order to accomplish this goal, quality professional development must be provided for all staff (new and experienced). Partnerships with parents, business leaders and district patrons must continue to be actively developed in order to engage the entire community as the district strives for educational excellence. In addition to the above, the board has adopted the following Areas of Emphasis for the 2016-2017 school year:
- All students will continue to improve their performance on all measures of academic achievement.
- Curriculum and instructional practices are research based and support students becoming proficient learners.
- Proactive strategies will be implemented to promote continued improvement in student responsibility, citizenship and overall character with an emphasis on building relationships and an understanding of socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic differences.
- Safety for students, staff and community will continue to be evaluated and improved.
- Parents, staff and students will continue to develop, modify and implement school improvement plans based on data and research.
- The district technology plan will continue to be updated and implemented as appropriate.
- The district facilities plan will be updated as appropriate and implemented utilizing bond issue and district operating funds.
- The district career education programs will continue to become a more integral component of the total educational program.
- The district will continue to implement and revise a plan to increase the percentage of students involved in extracurricular programs.
- District maintenance and grounds will continue to portray an excellent image of the district.
- The district will continue to use resources efficiently to address decreased revenues from state and federal sources.
- Continue legislative advocacy for public education.
-Adopted June 28, 2016
Board of Education Meetings 2016-2017
Regular meetings of the Board of Education are generally held on the second and fourth Tuesday of each month in the Board Room (Room 201) of the Pattonville School District Learning Center (11097 St. Charles Rock Road, St. Ann, MO 63074) beginning at 7 p.m. In addition, the Board may hold special meetings and/or work sessions as needed. Board meetings for the 2015-2016 school year are:
July 26, 2016
August 9, 2016
August 23, 2016
September 13, 2016
September 27, 2016
October 11, 2016
October 25, 2016
November 8, 2016
November 22, 2016
December 13, 2016
January 10, 2017
January 24, 2017
February 14, 2017
February 27, 2017 (Monday)
March 14, 2017
April 11, 2017
April 25, 2017
May 9, 2017
May 23, 2017
June 13, 2017
June 27, 2017
For the months of July, March and December there is only one (1) regularly scheduled board meeting:
July - the fourth Tuesday
March and December - the second Tuesday
There will be special board meetings on:
Tax Rate Hearing - Tuesday, September 27, 2016, 6:30 p.m.
(Just prior to regular meeting)
Budget - Tuesday, June 13, 2017, 6:15 p.m.
(Just prior to regular meeting)
The Role of the School Board
Pattonville’s Board of Education is a seven-director representative body elected by the registered voters of the Pattonville School District. They each serve a term of three years to provide for and oversee the operation of Pattonville’s schools. School board members are non-paid elected officials. Pattonville’s board members do this out of a sense of caring and community and a sincere desire to fulfill Pattonville’s vision of achievement for all children.
New board members are required by state law to receive 16 hours of training within their first year of service. Training covers topics related to student achievement, school law, school finance, board policy, board relations, board operations, goal setting and advocacy.
Being a board member requires a great deal of time commitment. On average, Pattonville board members attend:
- More than 65 hours of board meetings per year,
- 56 hours in training and workshops,
- 12 hours in district planning, and
- 26 hours at special meetings and district-wide events. School board members also attend numerous school events, visit the schools and serve on district committees.
Board members are elected to oversee the operations of the public school district, as mandated by state law. The primary roles of a school board are to set goals for the district, formulate and adopt policy, select a superintendent to implement policy, evaluate the results, and be a good steward of the community’s resources. The superintendent is responsible for the daily operations of the district. In Pattonville, board members make decisions centered on the district’s mission,“That ALL Will Learn.”
The Board’s general responsibilities include:
- Formulating and interpreting policy
- Delegating administrative duties
- Making decisions on educational and budget matters
- Making a continuous appraisal of the educational and administrative process
- Administering district funds for education judiciously
The Board carries out its functions openly while seeking the involvement and contributions of the public, students and staff in its decision-making process.
Qualifications for Election to the Board of Education
Elections to the Board of Education are held the first Tuesday in the month of April each year. A candidate must be
- 24 years of age by the date of the election,
- A United States citizen, and
- A resident taxpayer of the district. A written declaration of candidacy must be filed with the secretary to the Board of Education during the legal filing period each December and January at the Pattonville Learning Center,11097 St. Charles Rock Road, St. Ann. For more information, call the superintendent’s office at (314) 213-8001.
Orientation for New Board Members
Once elected, Pattonville’s new school board members attend an orientation session with the board president and superintendent. This is an informal session in which many topics are covered. Some of the topics included are: Responsibilities, ethics, board policy, board and superintendent relationships, board communications and community involvement, time commitments, and the structure and responsibilities of the district’s administrative teams.
For More Information