Providing open and timely two-way communications that support Pattonville's mission “That ALL Will Learn.”
Mickey Schoonover, APR
Director of School-Community Relation
11097 St. Charles Rock Road
St. Ann, MO 63074
Other Department Contacts:
Bob Burns, Audiovisual Specialist, (314) 213-8025
Kelly Gordon, Community Relations Specialist, (314) 213-8025
Ruth Ronecker, District Receptionist/Switchboard, (314) 213-8500
Areas of Responsibility and Supervision
- District communications
- Media relations
- Crisis communication
- Crisis guide development
- Communications counseling
- Community involvement
- District publications
- Online and electronic communication
- Public engagement programs
- Programs for older adults
- Student and staff recognition
- Approval of flyers for outside organizations
Flyer approvals/Advertising Guidelines
- Only flyers from nonprofit organizations may be distributed via Peachjar or the district flyer packets.
- Nonprofit organizations must provide proof of tax-exempt status while registering with Peachjar by uploading a copy of their tax-exempt letter to their account.
- If submitting directly to the district for approval, please provide the tax-exempt letter via email as outlined in the Advertising Guide.
- All flyers submitted for approval must have the following disclaimer printed on the flyer: “The (insert your organization’s name) is independent of and not affiliated with nor sponsored by the Pattonville School District or the Pattonville Board of Education. The views, opinions and programs of the (insert your organization’s name) therefore do not necessarily represent those of the Pattonville School District.”
Nominate a student/group for board recognition
The Pattonville Board of Education presents recognizes students, staff and others for their accomplishments during a special ceremony at the second board meeting of the month during the school year. The certificate and presentation is designed to recognize people or organizations that have gone the extra mile to contribute to the success of Pattonville and its students and staff. Nominees for this recognition may include students, staff, parents, community members or organizations. Criteria for recognition include:
- An academic achievement or athletic accomplishment recognized at the regional, state or national level.
- An Honor I award or equally significant recognition in a regional, state or national music competition.
- A scholastic achievement such as National Merit Finalist or Semifinalist.
- A presentation relating to education at a state or national conference.
- An act of heroism.
- Being recognized by or elected to a state or national office of an education related organization.
- A major contribution of capital, supplies or equipment that will enhance education in the Pattonville School District.
- A published manuscript or research project relating to education in a state or national publication.
To nominate someone for recognition, send details about the accomplishment, along with the honoree's name and address to Kelly Gordon at email@example.com. If your group includes five or more, please contact Gordon to receive a spreadsheet template for submitting names and addresses.
Sign me up for enews!
Pattonville publishes an enewsletter after every regular school board meeting, which is delivered upon request by email. This newsletter includes information on programs and events in the district, actions taken during board meetings, and news about student, staff and district accomplishments. The newsletter also includes articles featuring students and staff recognized during board meetings. Subscribe here.
Note: Principals also use parent email addresses to send timely reminders about events and deadlines. Make sure you provide your email address when registering or re-enrolling your child through the online Parent Portal.